The LABEL Religion.


Uduak Etuk

I have a friend who has a certain proclivity for Ice Cream. But not just any sort of Ice Cream. There's a specific brand she likes with nuts and caramel. So one day, I decided to get her some for a girls night out.

I got her the Ice Cream she liked, only I put it in a different container and gave it to her. First, she scrunched up her face in consternation that I didn't get her her brand but I told her it was indeed her preference and she should taste it and see

So, she opened it up, tasted it and realized it was exactly what she loved BUT she couldn't get over the fact that it was in a different container which did NOT have the LABEL she was used to seeing, so she still didn't BELIEVE

The following WEEK, I got her some more Ice Cream in the container and LABEL she was used to, only I switched the content with content from another brand. She smiled in appreciation, opened the container, tasted it and noted it was 

A little off but instead of disliking it, she shrugged entranced by the label and kept eating away like it was PERFECT. I was astonished. "Didn't the first one taste more like what you love than this one"? I asked. She smiled and said "It did BUT BRAND is everything"

And then I completely understood why we don't THINK anymore. We've been sold a LABEL, a BRAND and our senses have been suspended in favor of anything that is tagged with that LABEL. So, we shrug and make EXCUSES for why it doesn't TASTE 

The way it should. We pretend IT IS ACTUALLY what we wanted and we make up for it's deficiencies WITH our own MIND! This is CRAZY! So, once someone walks up to you with a different tag even though he or she is CLEARLY demonstrating the TRUTH, 
We DISMISS them. And I tell myself, then YOU are the one NOT WORTHY of their PRESENCE! For like John said "...That ... which we have HEARD, which we have SEEN with OUR eyes, which we have LOOKED upon, and our hands have HANDLED ..." 
NOT That which MAN has LABELLED ... #RecoverYourSoundMind

Comments

Popular Posts

False Assertions About Sin. Part 6.

Who Is A Man Of God? Part 1.

GREATEST ENCOUNTERS FROM THE PAGES OF THE BIBLE.