GREATEST ENCOUNTERS FROM THE PAGES OF THE BIBLE.

GREATEST ENCOUNTERS FROM THE PAGES OF THE BIBLE. 

By Dipo Ecclesia

When I gave my heart to Jesus as a teenager and later staggered in faith, I became agnostic and showed complete apathy to the things of the spirit and I stopped going to church. I began to doubt everything about  Christianity and the bible and will try hard to argue the bible logically with anybody I see. After some years (Five years precisely), there was this strong and serious desire for me to seek God again (I actually embraced Islam at a point but just didn't practice). The desire to seek God was so strong and compelling that it became a struggle with me and the Lord before I finally yielded and bent to the will of the Lord and was restored.

Back then I made up my mind that if there is really a Living God and since I HAVE JUST ONE LIFE, then I want to know Him myself before I die and not just what preachers have being telling me, in fact I asked God to show Himself to me and He did by some encounters, but THE GREATEST ENCOUNTERS I HAVE HAD CAME FROM  PAGES OF THE BIBLE. I began to read my bible cover to cover seeking God and praying that He will reveal Himself to me.  

Why am I saying all this? The reason why I left the Lord earlier was because my knowledge of Him were just the things I was taught. There was NO PERSONAL relationship with the Lord. 
I am afraid for the ocean of humanity that is flowing into THE CHURCH, majority do not have any REAL relationship with the Lord. Many of them are in  our churches because they feel relaxed and WE now give them the entertainment that the world gives them. We have promised them PROSPERITY and SUCCESS, we have even promised them a problem free life. Now that is why A LOT are in church, some of them don't have any relationship with the Lord. When push comes to shoves and "evil days comes" THEY WILL EVENTUALLY LEAVE!

A time came in the life of Jesus that many of His "Supposed followers" left Him because they did not really understand Him anymore, John: 6. 67. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, will ye also go away? 68. Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69. And we BELIEVE and are SURE that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
Remember many of Jesus' disciples were following Him for different reasons,  many were following Him for miracles, some for the bread He fed them with etc (Typical of the present Nigerian Church). They are the ones that left Him, the one that stayed with Him are the ones that really have genuine revelation about Him. As the imbroglio in the body of Christ in Nigeria continues, there is going to be an exodus of people from the church and eventually from the Lord, some of them will become atheist because they are people without relationship with the Lord in the first place. Only the ones that have RELATIONSHIP with the Lord and not just RELIGION, will stay. My final word to you, YOU HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO LIVE MAKE SURE YOU GENUINELY SEEK GOD BEFORE YOU DIE.

Comments

Popular Posts

False Assertions About Sin. Part 6.

Who Is A Man Of God? Part 1.